Monday, December 12, 2005

Work in progress

It’s nearly 3 weeks after we closed on our house and we still have not completed what I anticipated we would complete in the first weekend. Isn’t that the way it goes though? I started by thinking we could paint all the rooms, the vanity, get all the new light fixtures and even start weeding out the lawn in the front and back. Boy, what a joke. The first day after we closed I took the day off and went to Lowe’s. I ripped up the spare bedroom carpeting all by myself and took out all the staples and nails. The only problem was that we found out why they had carpeting over the floors. There are big black marks on the floors that I indicate some type of dampness, hopefully not to far into the wood. Rob has the idea that we will refinish the floors now before we move in. Great idea. Looks like we won’t be in till next year. 2006.

This weekend we are going to Ang and Chris’s so we won’t work the weekend, but after that we will have our nose to the grindstone and the kitchen demo on. We are in talks with a cabinet guy and we will see how that pans out. As soon as the kitchen is in we will be in too.

In the meantime below are some pictures that I took two weekends ago. We bought all of our paint at Benjamin Moore this time and we were very happy with the results. We bought Home dept paint before and we just didn’t like it, so I am glad that we tried out a paint store, I really do think you can tell a difference.

I will try, I promise, to keep this updated especially with pictures as we keep doing all the work to the house. I had second thoughts the day of the closing, but now I see potential there and am really happy with the house after all. Rob, on the other hand, never had a doubt in his mind. Seattle magazine also just called the Beacon Hill neighborhood one of the most up and coming in Seattle. Good news I hope?

Here are some pictures of the bedrooms, just the master and office (the 2 upstairs). You can't see the paint colors very well. The bedroom is a blueish grey and the office is an olive. living/Dining and hallways are all ivory. We chose from the "Historical" colors that are supposed to all have a grey undertone and fit into the arts & craft era homes. The bathroom is also a bright yellow. More pictures to come. I know these stink.




1 comment:

Parry Drive said...

Al, I can't wait to come see it for myself! I think the colors will look great and so will all your other hard work. Maybe in the early summer we can come see you? Also, have a safe trip today. You and Rob have my cell, so call me if you need me.

Ang