Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Joined the BOB Revolution

I admit it, we now have a BOB stroller.  When we were searching for a stroller it seemed like the BOB was like the Subaru of the Pacific Northwest.  Anybody who claimed to be "outdoorsy" had one.  It's main feature being that you can run (even on offroad trails) with it.  I like to run, but running while pushing my future daughter didn't sound appealing.  I also thought it was too big and too bland.  Instead I researched and wanted a Quinny Buzz.  It's hip, colorful, and comfortable.  Among other things.

Then spring came and I wanted to run again.  I couldn't find time to run without Josie.  I started to find things in the Buzz that bothered me.  The sun canopy wasn't big enough, it was heavy, it was harder to turn.  Rob being the Criagslist connoisseur that he is found a used Bob Revolution for us.  After one use we are in love.  The Quinny will likely make it's way onto Craigslist soon.

Before having a baby, we were looking for different capabilities in a stroller.  Josie actually didn't go into the stroller at all until she was 4 months old.  We carried her everywhere, so that changed a lot for what we needed in a stroller.  So far the only "con" of the BOB is that the seat doesn't seem as comfortable as the Quinny.  Otherwise everything else is great. And Oh yeah, and I can run again!  Here is Josie enjoying a ride in the BOB on our Mother's day 6 mile walk.



No comments: