Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reupholster Your Own Chairs?

I've always loved the look of these chairs that you see at Pier 1 or Pottery Barn.


But with everything going on with our house renovations how could I justify spending over $300 on two chairs? So I got crafty and bit more than I can chew and planned to reupholster my own Wingback chairs.

I found sites online that gave a step by step of how to do this yourself. After finding two Wingback Chairs on craigslist for $100 (with an ottoman), I went to the fabric store for 12 yards of fabric. Luckily my mother in law was in town in August and looking for a project so she helped with the cushion sewing and the ottoman. What a great help! Then I took on the rest and finally finished.


Full disclosure: Rob told me we could get a new sofa once these chairs were finished so that was a little additional motivation. Would I do this again? Never in a million years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Give yourself a hug and pat on the back for me. You're right, some things you do once, but no more! So proud of what you do!
Sally