Saturday, November 07, 2009

Steve Martin performing with the Steep Canyon Rangers:Evening of Blue Grass and Banjo At Benaroya Hall

A few months ago Rob noticed that these tickets were available and he picked them up right away because he knows how much I love Steve Martin and this was a concert we didn't want to miss. The show was on Tuesday night, so we decided to go to Happy Hour before the show. I heard that Sazerac has a great happy hour. I don't usually like restaurants that are attached to hotels because I always think that the food is mediocre because the restaurant will always be full regardless of the food. I was wrong on this one. Sazaerac had a great happy hour and great food to offer. My favorite item was the goat cheese filled dates wrapped in bacon. Taking two of my favorite foods and wrapping in bacon can't be a bad thing. We walked out spending about $31. What a steal!

On to the show. Not only was it Steve Martin, but it was also a band that he met in North Carolina called The Steep Canyon Rangers who were great! They play both with Steve and then about 4 songs without Steve. Alone, they were a great show as well. With Steve it was only that much better! Words don't do it justice. Check out the Seattle Times review and the clip on Youtube of "Orange Blossom Special" which was an encore the best rendition that I have heard of this song.

No comments: