Sunday, June 24, 2007

Halibut for the Hellabit

I know I have been promising some pictures and I am really sorry that it has been taking a while to get them up. This weekend Rob was in Minneapolis for his guys weekend and when the cat’s away….. I went out with one of my coworker friends to Ballard (super trendy area of Seattle, which I rarely get to only because it’s not easy to get there). We bar hopped the night away and then somehow made it home after closing down the bars. It was fun.
Specific stops in Ballard:
The Station Bistro
The Jolly Roger Taproom
Kings Hardware
The Matador
Blue Mar

After a night like that I got home and needed some time off. On a whim, I decided to purchase a bread machine. I’ve always regretted not registering for one (along with the china), so I thought “enough is enough” and just went and bought one. I made a nice loaf for garlic and Parmesan cheese bread. Since I obviously have a love affair with garlic, the whole house smelled like garlic and it was wonderful and I’ve got a nice fresh piece of Halibut for dinner tonight.

In other notes, our 4th Anniversary is just around the corner and we just booked 3 nights away in the Willamette Valley wine country for 3 days of visiting tasting rooms and trying the finest Pinot Noir. I’m really excited, it should be really fun!

This is what happens when you spend the weekend partying with your old friends.
Stewie is taking advantage of the Real Estate.


Brian is sleeping in the sun

Stargazer Lily, I planted it last summer and it looks like I have about 9 buds that will bloom.
It also looks like I have an uninvited friend biting at the leaves that I need to get rid of.


My plants on the stairs. They get the most sun here and I can easily remember to water them when I see them outside. Strawberries, Tomatoes, Basil, & Rosemary.Peppers!

Last weekend I bought a sewing machine and made these pillows.A sneak peak at the backyard. The fence looks great so far, I can't wait till it is done.

I'm extremely happy to announce that it looks like the messy tenants have left the house across the street and it appears that they may be attempting to Flip It and possibly sell it? We've been watching all the work they are doing and are interested to see what they decide to do with it.

No comments: